Manual for HK DriveAnalyzer
HK DriveAnalyzer helps you to "tidy up" your hard drive.
Your hard drive is full and you have no clue where all that space went?
Then DriveAnalyzer is the right tool for you. It scans your hard drive and displays the used space for sub-directory separately.
How to use DriveAnalyzer
- Select the hard drive you want to scan. If you want to scan just parts of your hard drive, select the directory you want to start with (e.g. C:\Program files). To scan the whole drive, select the root directory (e.g. C:\)
- Click on "Scan"
- To sort the results, just click onto the header of the column you wish to sort.
- To get a list of files (after scanning), click on a directory the the upper list or choose a folder from the list on the left hand side.
- To get more detailed information about a directory or file, right-click it.
- To remove a directory or file from the list, select it and press the "Del" key.
- To start a program or open a document, select the file and press the "Space" key.
DriveAnalyzer has been rewritten from scratch in VB.NET 2005. Therefore, the .NET framework 2.0 needs to be installed for DriveAnalyzer to run.
- Blazingly fast
- Can search paths instead of just whole drives.
- Sorting can be done by clicking onto the column headers.
- Right-click on a folder in the directory tree finds the directory in the list and opens the properties.
- No more installation is required. Run it off-the-shelf.
- Start files by pressing the "Space" key.
- Bugfix: Formatted output for used space when sorting
- New feature: Manual/History
- New feature: User can remove directories/files by pressing the "Del" key.
- New feature: Formatted output for used space
In case you have any question or problem, do not hesitate to send an e-mail to email@example.com.